07 May 2007

Crazy Dutchies...

The Africa Mercy is currently in Rotterdam, Holland (or Netherlands). A couple of nights ago, Lorah and a few friends got me to go out to watch Spiderman 3. It was a good, I was worried that it wouldn't be up to my expectations, but I wasn't disappointed. I noticed that most of the people in the theatre really enjoyed watching the characters getting hurt emotionally. It was a little weird, and these people were ruthless! I'm talking these people were cheering and yelling at the points in the movie where you are supposed to be sobered by the weight of the circumstance. I don't know if a lot of Dutchies are like that, but wow! It was a whole theatre full of them! I thought that was strange, but when the movie finished, I wasn't expecting the cherry on top of this crazy Dutchy sundae! While we were waiting to get out of the theatre, a group of like six guys started beating the CRAP out of this one smallish looking guy. It was so bizare to see something like that in the middle of a theatre... and virtually no one in the theatre did anything at all to help the situation, the movie security came in after like ten minutes, but it was all over anyway.

FYI, I'm not anti-Dutchy now or anything, I just wonder how that many violent people got in one place...

No comments: