09 January 2007

South Shields Walk



Okay, I'm sorry that my first two real posts have had very little (if anything) to do with my work with Mercy Ships, but it's really not that interesting or glamorous. When we leave England and get to Africa, I'll be sure to post tons of pictures and the like of things like digging wells and helping the needy. Trust me, though, you don't really want to see a bunch of pictures from the shipyard. I'll post some, but I don't want to bore anyone. Now that the disclaimer is out of the way, Here are some pictures from a walk I took from South Shields to Marsden with Kent Simpson and Lorah Styer.

We started the walk around 6 am and went down the coast to watch the sun come up. While we were down there, we saw the ferry come in from Denmark (I think that's were it was coming from, sorry I didn't take a picture of it). When we got to Marsden, we went inland to this great little tea room and had a nice little breakfast with a couple of cups of tea. The ladies working there were very friendly.
On the way back, we went down to the beach (we walked to Marsden up above the beach on a cliff). Here are some pictures from that part.






















When we got back to South Shileds, we had a little picnic on this old turret. It was good fun, I wish I had the other guys pictures, I didn't take very many (good ones).







No comments: